We continue our in-depth exploration on the events and themes of the Second Age! On this episode, we look at the latter part of The Tale of Years in LOTR Appendix B.
If you like The Tolkien Road, you can support us for only $1 per episode via Patreon!
Topics discussed on this week’s episode…
- The Map: https://www.amazon.com/adlp/lotronprime
- Recap of 2nd Age to 1701: Sauron’s Revenge.
- SA1800: Númenor begins to establish dominions on the coasts / Sauron pushes eastward. “The shadow falls on Númenor.”
- 2251: Tar-Ancalimon takes the throne. Things are not well in Númenor. (Faithful vs Rebellious)…Ringwraiths! http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Tar-Ancalimon
- 2280: Umbar is made into a great fortress of Númenor.
- 2350: Pelargir is built » chief haven of Faithful Númenoreans. Pelargir = Venice? http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Pelargir#cite_note-12
- 2899: Ar-Adûndakhôr takes the sceptre. (Anti-Valar / Anti-Eldar)
- 3175: Repentance of Tar-Palantir. http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Tar-Palantir
- 3255: Ar-Pharazôn the Golden seizes the sceptre.
- 3262: Sauron taken prisoner, brought to Númenor, where he seduces the King and corrupts the people.
- 3319: Ar-Pharazôn assails Valinor. Downfall of Númenor.
- 3320: Arnor and Gondor founded. The Palantir are divided. Sauron returns to Mordor.
- 3429: Sauron attacks Gondor, takes Minas Ithil, burns the White Tree.
- 3430: Last Alliance of Men & Elves.
- 3434: Battle of Dagorlad and defeat of Sauron
- 3441: Sauron overthrown, One Ring taken by Isildur, Second Age ends.
For more on this episode and The Tolkien Road podcast, please visit TolkienRoad.com or Facebook.com/TolkienRoad. Also, follow us on Twitter via @TolkienRoad.
Please send correspondence to TolkienRoadPodcast@gmail.com.